Friday, February 28, 2014

The Departure Plan




As many of you know by now, we did not make it to China as planned.  We are all back home.  On Sunday the 16th, we left as scheduled.  We flew out to Chicago, and after a 6-hour layover, we boarded the straight-through flight to Hong Kong. 





As we got settled in our seats for the long flight, the plane began to taxi down the runway.  As soon as it began moving, I experienced a severe medical emergency that quickly rerouted the plane back to the terminal and landed me in the Chicago ER.  





I am going to leave out the details of the medical emergency for now.  We want to see what God is going to do with that situation before we share that story.  It's not finished yet, and He is working, and however He writes it will be perfection.  We really just want to focus on getting the children home.  

So we have a new plan.  For the past two weeks, we have hustled the travel visa and 2 Power of Attorneys needed for Paul to take my place to go to China to get the children.  (Note to China APs:  If only one of you is traveling, purchase a visa and POAs for your spouse - just in case!) 

We got the last thing we needed this week, and Paul will be leaving this Sunday with Lilly and Becky to go get his Little Girl





and his Big Boy.





And so, we wait.  


I wait, they wait - we all wait for the day when they reach home - which is now March 21st.  I have no control over what Haven was told about the fact that her Mama did not show up for her as promised on February 18th.  All I can do is pray that Jesus was with her that day, and that He continues to comfort her heart until Daddy gets there this week.





As for Aaron, I have seen pictures of the room where my son is sleeping while he waits.  

I have seen the metal bars and the piece of plywood that serves as his mattress (2nd crib, 2nd row).  Part of me wants to know why he is still there when he should be here





But once again, I am not the Author.  And what should be is exactly what IS, because He is writing this story.  And His plans are not my plans, which I thank Him for, because His are Better.  I trust His New Plan; His Better Plan.  I have LEANED on that trust heavily during these past 2 weeks. 

As I pray over that picture, with the cribs lined up like kennels, I have to praise God that my son will not spend his life there, and that this is just a short delay.  And then I have to hit my knees, because for most of the children who wait....


No one is coming.  







Dear Lord... forgive us.  


My heart has never been more broken for the orphan than it is this week.  I have never treasured the faces of my children more than I do now.  Part of this lies with the gift of seeing the weakness of my own mortal body, the powerlessness I have to control anything, and the reassurance of Eternity, which I can tell you carried me through some scary moments last week.




I want to leave you with this:  

If you don't have Jesus, seek Him out with all of your heart.  When the day comes that you become powerless to save your own life (which comes for us all), who will you call upon?  

What is your Departure Plan?  

My plan is Jesus, and it cannot be derailed.  There is nothing else that brings Peace in the midst of the storm that has the power to destroy everything I cherish.  Without Jesus, there is nothing.  Everything else WILL fall away, as dust to dust.  If you have not surrendered your hope of Salvation to Christ, you remain separated from our Father God because of your own sin, and the responsibility for your Departure Plan is in your own hands.  In the time of your greatest need, when you leave behind the things of this earth, His Hand is what saves, and that pierced Hand is what I cling to...to Hope Eternal.

Our Father is rich in mercy and abundant in His love, and He is waiting for you to trust Him with your plans, including the one for your departure.

Our itinerary is below, and we will be updating regularly. 

3/5:  Haven's Gotcha Day (Hefei) & Lilly's 6th Birthday
3/7:  Orphanage Visit
3/10:  Aaron's Gotcha Day (Guangzhou)
3/12-3/18:  Orphanage Visit, Medicals
3/19:  Consulate Appointment
3/21:  Arrive home...
                                     ...Meet Mommy.




A Meal Train has been set up for our family here:


And prayers are appreciated!


But whatever were gains for me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ - the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.  I want to know Christ - yes, to know the power of His resurrection and participation in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead....




I press on to take hold of that 
for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  
-Phil. 3: 7-12


2 comments:

  1. Oh. Wow. Missy, I am so sorry that you missed your flight and hope that you are on the mend - and oh, how I love reading of your heart of trust in our Savior! You can not thwart his plans for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your medical emergency and why it does not make sense right now, God has a perfect plan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words and support.