Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Faith in the Fight


Today, surgeons will chip away at my friend's body, while mothers and friends and husbands and sisters sit in the waiting room and pray for mercy.






Today is a day for getting low.



147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
   I have put my hope in your word.
148 My eyes stay open through the watches of the night,
   that I may meditate on your promises.
149 Hear my voice in accordance with your love;
   preserve my life, LORD, according to your laws.
 - Psalm 119:147-149


Thank you, Father, for this sister you have given to me, who loves without restraint and allows me to see your perfect Grace

Thank you for giving me a friendship that reminds me of the playground days, and fills me with giddy joy and fierce dedication. 




Cover her with your peace today,
almighty God.  

Because today is the day when none of our hands can do anything for her except when folded,
and the day when Yours can do everything.


50 My comfort in my suffering is this:
   Your promise preserves my life
.



Please add Laura's blog to your reading list
and support her with your love and prayers:

Faith in the Fight






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words and support.