Monday, August 29, 2011

The Questions...


I am sure that many of you have questions.
....I have questions, too.


WHAT IF our child never had this moment? 
Will they be able to connect to me?

WHAT IF our child is sick?

WHAT IF our paperwork delays the child's homecoming, and extra days are spent in an orphanage while this mother frets over a picture and fusses with an empty bedroom?

WHAT IF we don't raise the money?

WHAT IF the damage from the time spent in an orphanage takes a lifetime to repair?

WHAT IF this choice uses me all up, breaks my heart, and changes my life? (and it will!)

WHAT IF, after all of our efforts, we fail this child in some way?


What if?


Do I ask these questions?




 YES. 

Every morning in my quiet time, I ask God all of these questions, and He draws me near with silent comfort. 

I know that in asking these questions,
I am worried about MY resources,
MY strength, MY money, MY heart. 

I don't have to worry about that.  God has infinite strength, resources, love; and He IS the banker.
 
 

Providing a home for a child who was not born of our bodies is a demonstration of God's adoption of us,
of Joseph's adoption of Jesus,
of the nature of God.

 
So if the answer to any of the above questions is a dark one, or the one I don't want to recieve, it doesn't change the fact that I will sing His praises and live a more fulfilled life in the midst of this journey.


Now, there are OTHER questions. 
I know what they are.....

Why are you doing this NOW?

How do you know that this is God's calling for you?

Aren't there other ways to enact James 1:27 besides adoption?  (YES!)

Do you think all Christians are supposed to adopt?  (NO!)

 
If you have this type of question, I ask you to listen to The Tragic Beauty of Adoption by Sean Cordell, the father of 2 biological children and 2 Ethiopian children.  When you listen to this, please be aware that I sat in this very room during this recording, having just met his wife and children.

When we were called to adopt, we asked God all of the above questions.  Sean answered those questions in the best way that anyone can, and I cannot do a better job, so please give it a listen.

 


God bless you and keep you, my friends.


Please pray for us; it's a big week!
Our homestudy is 8/31, 1pm. 

Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your words and support.